Respect the environment and reduce the impact of port activities are key priorities in the political development of the PPA The granting of the island Psitalia to install sewage treatment center EYDAP, constant measurement of gaseous pollutants in the Central Harbour, the construction of noise barriers, implementation of all national and EU regulations on environmental protection, fall under this policy.
Similarly, the PPA contributing to efforts to preserve the historical memory has highlighted the archaeological finds from the time of Themistocles and Pericles and supported by grants:
- humanitarian and cultural activities
- nonprofit organizations to promote health and support vulnerable social groups.
The PPA more than 70 years is a pole of economic development and today continues its economic nomic offer of local and national economy with a social and environmental strategy commensurate with its history.
- Disposal and Waste Management Ship
- Ship Sewage Network reception - transfer in biological treatment plants Waste (Psyttalia)
- Collection and management of waste lubricating oil produced by the machinery of PPA
- Collaboration with the University of Piraeus to monitor the water quality of Port
- Highlight areas in need improvement and assessment of the environmental situation
- Collaboration with the National Technical University for a new management plan for hazardous contaminated sediments
Noise and Air Quality:
- Collaboration with the University to implement programs for monitoring the quality of acoustic environment and air