The Management Council of PPA SA decided to maintain the two vessel gates at the permanent dry docks in Haetionian Coast, through open tender with a budget of 185.000 Euro plus 42.500 Euro VAT.
As it is known, the two so-called "stone warehouses” which were built in 1895 and became operational in 1908, are still in activity hosting docking mainly in passenger ships.
As the President and CEO Mr. George Anomeritis stated in the Management Council meeting, "These dry docks, which will be included in the Cultural Coast of Piraeus, are still another productive tool even if they operate at a loss, but also are a living monument to the industrial beginnings of the last century. Especially since in many parts of the stone infrastructures, parts of the Kononeio Wall and ancient parts of the wider region are integrated. PPA SA combines support for the shipbuilding industry by saving our cultural heritage."