PPA SA’s Ro – Ro Terminals are one of biggest hubs for transit cars for the Eastern Mediterranean, Black Sea and North Africa. In addition to the loading/unloading and storing of new vehicles, at Ro – Ro Terminals all kind of wheeled cargo is handled, such as heavy machinery, trucks, low roll trailers (mafi), trailers etc. as well as general cargo.
The list of port customers includes all of the major automakers, which are transfer through PPA’s Ro – Ro Terminals more than 260.000 vehicles per year.
After the disposal of the majority of PPA SA’s shares to COSCO SHIPPING Co. in the middle of 2016, the Ro – Ro Terminals are being developed rapidly keeping high the customer service level and near to zero the percentage of damage.
- Free congestion terminal – berth on arrival
- Continuous operation 24x7 through the year
- ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management System), ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management System) and ISO 50001:2018 (Energy Management System) certified.
- Experienced and qualified staff
- Close to zero damage rate
- Competitive volume scaled tariffs and 7-day free storage for transshipment vehicles
- Above average productivity
- Moderate weather conditions all year around
- ISPS compliant operator
- Security supervision (24x7) and surveillance cameras monitoring
- 5 berths with a maximum draft of 11m.
- Ability to forward transit cars through rail connection
- Integrated Port Services (water supply, waste management, etc.)
- Specific area for heavy vehicles
- Charging station for electric cars
- Two (2) TERBERG RT 283 4x4 (165,00 tons Maximal Payload Capacity, using Safeneck)
- Two (2) TERBERG RT 282 4x4 (180,00 tons Maximal Pulling Capacity)
- Two (2) TERBERG RT 222 4x4 (140,00 tons Maximal Pulling Capacity)
- Two (2) MAFI MT 30R 4x4 (100,00 tons Maximal Pulling Capacity)
ROLL TRAILERS & GOOSENECKS
- Three (3) ROLL TRAILER, SEACOM RT 40' (80,00 tons SWL Capacity)
- Three (3) GOOSENECK, SEACOM SH 36 XT 2.0' (36,00 tons SWL Capacity)
- Two (2) SAFENECK, TERBERG (under order - awaiting delivery - end of summer 2020)
MOBILE TELESCOPIC CRANES
- One (1) HYCO, RT-140 (SWL Capacity, 80,00 tons @ 3m)
- One (1) HYCO, RT-95 (SWL Capacity, 22,00 tons @ 3m)
FORK LIFT TRUCKS
- One (1) SMV - KONECRANES, SMV 33-1200C (SWL Capacity, 33,00 tons @ 1200mm)
- One (1) SMV - KONECRANES, SMV 15-1200C (SWL Capacity, 15,00 tons @ 1200mm)
- Three (3) SHANTUI, CPCD 85 (SWL Capacity, 8,50 tons @ 600mm)
EV PORTABLE CHARGERS
- One (1) SETEC, PC-10KW (Plugs CHAdeMO / CCS)
- One (1) SETEC, PC-20KW (Plugs CHAdeMO / CCS)
PPA SA’s Ro – Ro Terminals consist of one terminal, known as G2, which are located in the area of Keratsini – Drapetsona Municipality. A second car terminal is under construction and will be located at Heracleus Pier.
The loading/unloading operations are provided into 3 shifts per day, which are the below:
Morning shift: 07:00 – 15:00
Afternoon shift: 15:00 – 23:00
Night shift: 23:00 – 07:00
Ro-Ro Terminals do not operate the following days and shifts:
- During all shifts:
- May 1st
- December 25th
- During night shift:
- Good Friday
- Good Saturday
- December 24th
- December 31th
All the personnel is well experienced, highly trained and skilled, with specialized knowledge in accordance with the international standards of operating car terminals, thereby ensuring the provision of high quality services.
The area is fully secured and operated under the ISPS code of guarding. The security services and supervision of the area are provided 24 hours a day through physical checks and electronic recording devices.
The following bar graphs show the total traffic of cars from 2010 to 2017, as well as the traffic of local and transit cars separately.
With a total capacity of handling 600.000 movements annually in both G1 and G2, at the Ro – Ro Terminals can be handled the largest cargoes.
Surface area (m2)
Quay length (m)
Vehicle storage capacity
Geographic Coordinates of each terminals
G1: 37°57'02.88"N 23°36'28.62"E (WGS 84)
G2: 37°57'35.15"Ν 23°36'36.44"Ε (WGS 84)
Piraeus Port Authority SA (PPA SA) has been awarded with triple certification against ISO 9001:2015 for Quality Management, ISO 14001:2015 for Environmental Management and ISO 50001:2018 for Energy Management by LRQA.
Aforementioned triple certification is a proof of our company’s commitment for the provision of best practices regarding quality services, environmental management, energy management and the minimization of our carbon footprint.
PPA SA is ISPS compliant, following operation and safety standards according to international regulations.
Displays status of the ships are already on the current date (words SERVED) ships will be served the day after the current date (words SERVED #), the ships are in the Rada (arrived), the vessels at Rada, but gave priority (* arrived), the ship canceled as well as the ships expected to arrive about one week (expected).